Hey there, I'm [[Brooklyn Elizabeth Zelenka|Brooke]], a composer-turned-programmer living in beautiful, rainy [[Vancouver, Canada|Vancouver]]. You can find me most places online as [[Brooklyn Elizabeth Zelenka|@expede]]. I'm the cofounder and CTO at [[Fission Codes|Fission]].
## Projects ✍
Depending on the community, I'm best known for:
- [[User Controlled Authorization Networks|UCAN]]: a form of distributed, user-owned [[JSON Web Token|JWT]] + [[Simple Public Key Infrastructure|SPKI]] authorisation
- [[Interplanetary Virtual Machine|IPVM]]: a distributed scheduler & runtime based on the open world model
- [[Witchcraft]]: a port of [[Haskell]] idioms to [[Elixir]]
- Writing some [[Ethereum Improvement Proposal]]s
## What I'm (Currently) Excited About 🎉
- [[Programming language]]s (and related [[programming language thoery|theory]])
- [[Distributed systems]] & [[Local-first|LoFi]]
- [[Database]] design & [[CRDT]]s
## [[Conference Talk|Conference Talks]] 🎤
I give [[Conference Talk|conference talks]]. I mostly speak about distributed systems, [[local-first]] software, functional programming, the future of programming, and models of computation.
## Tech Community 🧑💻👩💻👨💻
I've been involved in the tech community in [[Vancouver, Canada|Vancouver]] for more years than I should admit, but am less involved these days ([[Fission Codes|the startup]] is all consuming) 😅 I founded the [Vancouver Functional Programming Meetup](https://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Functional-Programmers/), VanBEAM, and for a few years helped organise [Code & Coffee YVR](https://www.meetup.com/codecoffeeyvr/). I lead [[Conf & Coffee]], a 2-day [[conference]] in [].